Choose a digital tool to use in your classroom or professional situation. You are free to select any app or tool you would like to share with your peers. Add your entry as a comment below. Please include the following in your entry:
1. Name of the tool
2. Platform(s) on which it works (web-based, iOS, Android, etc.)
3. What it does
4. One way it could be used in your situation (classroom, PD, etc.) Be specific with your ideas!
5. At which level of SAMR your example activity falls
1. Popplet Lite (FREE!)
ReplyDelete2. App-iOS, maybe Android?
3. Popplet allows you to create graphic organizers, idea webs or story maps.
4. I’ve used it for retelling. I have students pull in a picture of the book cover (screen shot or from Google Images). Then add a box for each element (characters, setting, beginning, middle and end). Then they add text to explain each element. Finally, we decorate, take a screen shot & save to Google Drive!
5. Augmentation-Enhancing our graphic organizers!
1. educreations
ReplyDelete2. app-iOS
3. Educreations is an app where students can write, draw or add saved pictures.
4. I've used this app for practicing their sight words. The student took pictures of their sight words that was posted around the room. The student then put one sight word on educreations and then traced the word 3 times, each time with a different color.
5.Augmentation (Pre-K Classroom)
1. Class Dojo
ReplyDelete2. app on iPhone and iPad, MacBook
3-4. Dojo is a behavior management tool that tracks a child's behavior throughout the day. Each child has an avatar (monster). Good behavior gives them a point (with a much loved high pitch ding) while poor behavior takes a point away (with a low gong sound). I keep it up on the Apple TV most of the day. The kids have turned into a competition which wasn't my original intent. I simply wanted to reward kids for good behavior. For example, if you have 5 points, you may get in line for lunch first. I like dojo because I can customize the desired behaviors as well as the negative behaviors I'm seeing. I also love how I can weight a behavior. For example, if my class gets a compliment and a point from another teacher, I double the point (actually dojo does it for me!). Students have a lot of accountability as well. At the end of each day, they have to write down their final score in their agenda/planner so parents can see. Parents also have an access code so they may look at their child's behavior at any time. Parents can have private messages and I can write them back easily. There's an option for students to also have access but as 2nd graders, we don't have a need for that right now. In the future, my goal is to send home a weekly behavior report, either by printing it out and sending it home and or emailing it. The best part about dojo for me is that everything is saved and there is no paper trail. All my documentation is in dojo and i don't have to worry about losing a certain paper. I don't see myself using any other behavior management system!
5. Augmentation